The Bodensee Standort Marketing GmbH is the supra-regional economic development agency of the four-counrty-region Bodensee. The four-country-region Bodensee covers the four countries Switzerland (Cantons of Schaffhausen, Thurgau, St. Gallen, Appenzell-Innerrhoden and Appenzell-Ausserrhoden), Austria (federal state Vorarlberg), Principality of Liechtenstein and Germany (Districts of Konstanz, Ravensburg, Sigmaringen, Lindau and Lake Constance). So it is a quattronationally organized region. In the four-country-region Bodensee live and work approx. 2.5 million people. By the fact, that about 50.000 people are regular cross-borders commuters, the internationality of the region is made clear. Another example would be the import and export relations between Germany and Switzerland. Exports (EUR 54.04 billion) from Germany to Switzerland and imports (EUR 45.88 billion) from Switzerland to Germany.
The network of more than 30 universities of the International Lake Constance University (IBH) reflects the innovative strength of the region as well as the four-country-region Bodensee main sectors of expertise: nanotechnology, packaging, biotechnology, solar technology, aerospace, food and IT. The industry sectors are also combined together in individual cluster initiatives. Thereby the innovative strength within the industry can be strengthened as well as across sectors.
What do we want to achieve in the project SmartVillages?:
- Networking of municipalities and villages in the four-country-region Bodensee
- Becoming more visible in the competition of the regions through digitalization and
connection of existing platforms
- Process streamlining and simplification, also for local citizens
- Consolidation of cooperation of citizens, companies and administration
Presentation in the project:
- Initiation of a platform: the so called Standort Guide Bodensee. Go and have a look: https://www.standort-guide-bodensee.com/
- Citizen process of the town Tengen: Germany-wide the first digital process, which was developed in this form with involvement of the citizenship
- Further projects are identified and initiated with the regional stakeholders (analysis of needs)